As discussed in the earlier post Android doesn’t support Adhoc wifi connection. But after searching few websites and forums I found the solution. There are two different versions “wpa_supplicant” files in android v0.5.x and v0.6.x. The pre-compiled versions are given below
Perform the following steps
1. Connect your device using USB
2. Type “adb shell wpa_supplicant -v“. This command is for checking the version of wpa_supplicant present in the device.
3. Download the appropriate version of the file from the links given above.
4. Extract the files and type the following command “adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin/”
5. This will overwrite the exixting wpa_supplicant file present in the device with the modified one.
6. Restart the device to make changes.
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES